Leading tech innovation business is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join the Technical Research
The software engineering role will involve:
- Producing high quality software for embedded, resource constrained platforms, including RTOS and bare metal based systems for motor, heater or battery management applications.
- Developing scripts and tools to automate testing of software.
- Developing software for demonstration rigs to convey ideas to others.
- Implementing various control algorithms on embedded systems, along with modelling and analysis of algorithms on Windows or Linux based hosts.
- Producing well-structured software for transfer to the downstream development teams at particular milestones.
- Taking part in software reviews.
- Working with different product teams to gain an in depth product understanding, while using knowledge of the latest technologies to create innovative electronics systems and solutions.
- Reviewing relevant papers, patents and meeting with companies to keep informed of emerging technologies.
- A key focus for any successful applicant will be to research into new technology and look at ways of incorporating this into future products.
A successful applicant will be expected to:
- Develop the concept, proving key technologies and demonstrating the system feasibility.
- Produce clear, well written documentation prior to handover to the development teams.
- Demonstrate designs are robust, cost effective and fit for purpose for a high volume