New opportunity to create, maintain and deliver embedded software for Navigation Systems and be part of a small team responsible for all stages of the development lifecycle.
We are seeking a Software Engineer with a background in embedded software development, ideally having experience using C or C++ in a multi threaded RTOS environment.
• Educated to degree level i.e. BSc/BEng or equivalent qualification in a related discipline; such as Electronics, Physics or Computer Science
• Educated to A Level or above in Maths
• Strong analytical and debugging skills
• Proven experience in the development of quality solutions to tight timescales
• Strong C / C++ skills in an embedded, multi-threaded POSIX RTOS environment(s)
• Experience in maintaining existing code bases by implementing new features and bug fixes considering existing customer use cases
• Experience of hardware/software interfacing, particularly digital electronics
• Low-level communications experience e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, RS232/485
• Competence in the use of algorithms and data structures
• Extensive full development cycle experience of embedded software, including developing new novel applications from scratch
• Proven track-record implementing embedded solutions on a Linux Real-Time embedded platform
• Embedded Linux development e.g. use of tool chains for cross compiling, kernel modules, user space development
• Experience in leading a development team
• FPGA design and interfacing.
• Relevant experience in development of complex and technical applications
• Exposure to different development methodologies
• Project management skills
- Generous contributory pension scheme (minimum company contribution 6% which increases with age)
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday purchase scheme (employees can purchase up to 5 days per annum)
- Life assurance; 6 x annual salary
- Onsite free parking
- Discretionary company performance related pay scheme (annual)
- Working hours are 08:30-17:00, Flexitime & one hour for lunch
There might be occasional UK and International travel.