Embedded Development Engineer
|Job Title:||Embedded Development Engineer|
|Salary:||£40-55k + Benefits Package|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2020 11:25|
This truly is a global company, exporting 80% of production to 45 countries around the world with impressive growth predicted for the next 5 years. In this role you’ll play a pivotal part in this small software development team, focussing on the improvement of existing embedded designs to upgrade the current product, followed by the designing and implementation of future generations of software and electronic solutions.
You’ll be joining an R&D Team of 10 and report directly to a SW Lead and tasked with helping create a new architecture, implement new processes and generally help them take their software development function to the next leve. The existing product was released 2 years ago and they are now keen to make improvements and start working on adding future features, driven largely by consumer demand. It’s a well established company but has the feel of a start up. They are privately owned, cash rich and because of very strong demand, looking to expand quickly.
Main duties with revolve around improving existing embedded (HW&SW) designs, develop, prototype and test embedded software and electronic developments. You'll work closely with the integration team to ensure optimal integration, provide development support for test fixtures & help improve design practices and processes within the business.
Experience of some or all of these skills are of interest:
• Degree educated in a related subject such as software/firmware/Electronics
• A strong background in embedded software – currently written in C and moving towards C++ in the future
• Software written for microprocessors - TI or Silicon Labs processors are of interest
• Firmware algorithm development and BLE
• Embedded electronics design
• Serial/communication buses experience – USB, CAN etc…
• Electric motors/inverter drives - desirable
• Windows based test tools – TDD/Agile/Scrum is of interest
• Full product lifecycle background
• A hands-on practical approach.
• Ability to work in a team or alone and unsupervised as needed.
• Good understanding of engineering principals and good numeracy and arithmetic skills.
We are ideally looking for an Engineer who has been through the product development lifecycle a few times and can demonstrate something they have delivered.
The client is based in West London and is happy for people to work remotely but would expect a day in the office. Longer term, this could be as much as 2-3 days.
• 9 Day fortnight
• 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising the longer you stay with us
• Pension Scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Childcare Vouchers
• Flexible Working,
• Cycle to Work Scheme
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's