Excellent opportunity for a proven Electronics Hardware Manager to join an exciting programme bringing a new Electric Vehicle to the market. You will join the powertrain group within in the EV Engineering Team.
Reporting to the Head of Powertrain, the Electronics Hardware Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day running of a significant hardware delivery team.
You will work at a brand new purpose built facility tucked away in countryside. The secluded rural location helps protect ideas and stay independently–minded.
• Develop People and processes to meet the challenging needs of the automotive hardware development lifecycle
• Manage a team of hardware engineers to carry out the day-to-day tasks required to engineer world class hardware products meeting the performance, reliability, quality, timing and costs constraints
• Work closely with the product delivery managers to ensure alignment of deliverables, processes and people
• Identify and audit suitable partners to contribute to the development lifecycle including:- Requirements, Design, Development, Validation and Manufacturing
Ideal proven ability will include:
• Experience in successfully managing a team of hardware engineers towards challenging technical and safety requirements
• Experience of ISO 26262 automotive hardware design and development environment including requirements generation
• Experience of automotive hardware manufacture to meet testability, manufacturability, reliability and cost targets
• Experience of hardware validation to meet demanding quality expectations
• Experience of recruiting and motivating engineers towards success
• Competent track record in using, specifying and optimising hardware development tools and processes
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach, and work with a can-do attitude
• Ability to perform and organise methodical problem solving
• Electric vehicle powertrain experience is beneficial but not essential
• Automotive high voltage experience is beneficial but not essential