Rare opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join an established R&D team of 50 professionals. Super creative, multicultural and collaborative environment. You’ll be involved in all stages of conception, simulation, schematic capture, PCB design, productionisation and test. Support is also provided to other departments including research, test and quality assurance.
We are looking for an Electronics Engineer who knows a little about a lot. Your remit will be to design analogue and digital electronic systems and sub-systems that support and enhance the acoustic functionality of ground breaking audio products.
This will include design, develop and test circuits that support component/architecture choices. To perfect these designs, review contractors designs and propose improvements.
From time to time you’ll need to troubleshoot and debug systems using the appropriate test equipment, as well as ensure product designs are reliable, safe and conform to appropriate EMC, ESD and safety standards.
We are ideally looking for an Electronics Engineer who is educated to degree level, has experience of electronics for embedded systems and a few of the following:
• Knowledge of mixed signal (digital + analogue), for audio and video applications .
• Knowledge of relevant digital protocols (I2C, SPI, I2S, UART, SPDIF, TDM, HDMI).
• Knowledge of high speed PCB design (multi-layer PCBs, controlled trace impedances).
• Knowledge of silicon transistor families (TTL, CMOS, LVCMOS etc.).
• Experience of designing for and debugging EMC.
• Knowledge of relevant ESD and Safety standards for consumer products and how to design for them.
• Experience of designing power switching electronics (SMPS, regulators and class D amplifiers).
• Familiar with circuit design and simulation (spice or equivalent).
• Relevant experience of schematic and PCB design.
• Familiar with soldering, including surface mount.
• Able to create and present test reports in a logical and accurate manner.
This position would suit Electronics Engineers who are interested in professional audio and like to be involved from the very early stages of new product development. You’ll need an open communication style to work here, as well as an enthusiastic attitude for producing the very latest must have consumer products.
• 25 Days + Bank Holidays
• Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
• Life assurance
• Discounted products
• Childcare vouchers