This is a genuine opportunity to join a growing technology business where you will be leading the electronics design and development team, who are responsible for innovative and elegant design solutions integrated within electric vehicles. You’ll be working with talented experts across the organisation who value your ideas, empower you to make a difference, and encourage you to challenge yourself and others. It’s a collaborate environment and you and your team will be given the freedom to try new ideas, with the ultimate goal of driving sustainable transport through innovation.
• Lead the design, development and delivery of both power and control electronics across the business
• Define the architecture and electronics solution for state-of-the-art integrated inverters
• Drive the adoption of the latest electronic technologies into the design
You’ll be managing a team of 8 highly professional, multicultural hardware engineers who are at various stages of their careers. It is a project driven environment and you’ll be expected to interface with both internal and external customers as you deliver against their requirements. This will also include liaising with engineers who are based in China.
Specific areas of interest include:
• A natural desire to lead and develop others
• Experience managing electronics design engineering teams and projects
• Degree (BEng or equivalent) in relevant engineering field
• Experience of estimation and planning
• Application and development of electronics design processes
• Experience in deriving and developing hardware requirements
• Good understanding of functional safety standards - ISO 26262
• Competence to be Technical Authority for electrical safety sign-off
• Experience of leading design of high reliability for harsh environments
• Experience of leading design for high volume manufacture and assembly, including DFT
• Automotive industry background
• Experience of automotive powertrain inverters
• A desire to work with new technologies, such as Silicon Carbide
This opportunity would ultimately suit an Electronics Design Engineer who has worked within the automotive industry and moved into a leadership role. If you have developed powertrain motors and inverters this would be ideal, but other experience will be considered, particularly if there is an element of power and control behind it.
We’re looking for Electronic Design Managers who are passionate about technology, enjoy working with likeminded people and aren’t phased by complex real world problems. If you are looking for an opportunity where you will be given the chance to make a difference then this is definitely for you.
• Flexible working – Some remote working available although you should be in a position to work in the office if required
• Annual Performance Bonus – Up to 15%
• Life Assurance x4
• Pension Scheme up to 7%
• Family Healthcare for family
• Learning & Development support
• Relocation, Visa and Sponsorship available for those that need it