The primary purpose of this role is to design the circuit schematics, create the PCBs layout and test the new controller board designs as required in the development of new power electronics products.
• Selection of components, schematic capture and generation of PCB design files.
• Ownership of PCB component library for the project.
• Analog circuit design (sensor inputs, high/low side drivers, linear and LV power supply design)
• Digital circuit design (processor, control logic, memory & communications interfaces)
• Power circuit design (mild hybrid inverter transistors, filters)
• Design for compliance with automotive standards for EMC, ESD, safety, vibration and environmental requirements.
• Providing support for embedded software engineers during software development.
• Work closely with mechanical engineers during integration to ensure PCB design, thermal, EMC and environmental factors are balanced.
• Optimise cost and production effort.
• Define and conduct tests to validate required functionality.
• Support prototype phase testing.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
• Experience with various analogue and digital electronics e.g. op-amp circuit design, ADCs, switching power supplies, protection , microcontrollers, digital logic and communication interfaces(CAN FD, LIN , Flexray and Ethernet)
• Experience of developing multilayer PCB’s with 4+ layers.
• Understanding to identify potential sources of noise/interference and minimise them.
• Experience of automotive hardware manufacture to meet testability, manufacturability, reliability and cost targets
• Experience of hardware validation to meet demanding quality expectations
• Desirable: Altium Designer license holder
• Desirable: Electric vehicle powertrain experience is beneficial but not essential
• Desirable: Experience of ISO 26262 automotive hardware design and development environment including requirements generation
• Desirable: Software development experience
• Desirable: Systems Integration experience
This would suit an Electronics Engineer who has broad experience of both analogue and digital systems used within power electronic products.