World famous advanced engineering business is seeking an Electronic Design Engineer to join a stable, small team of engineers who develop sensors for high-performance motorsport teams and championships.
I am seeking an Electronic Design Engineer who will bring enthusiasm, commitment and a desire to continuously innovate in a collaborative atmosphere. You may be in the early stages of your career post-academia or be a proven engineer.
Prior experience within motorsport or the automotive sectors is not required. Ideal experience will include digital and analogue. Prior experience with low powered devices, wireless or sensors would be highly beneficial.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a good team, well led within a business where there lots of opportunities to develop for those who desire.
- Sitting within the multi-disciplined Electro-mechanical design team, you will design, develop and test new and existing electronics for sensors, alternator regulators and ignition coils in applications used within our motorsport, automotive and aerospace customers.
- You will be able to demonstrate your design ability with both analogue and digital circuits, normally with CAN based communications and analogue outputs.
- You will be comfortable speaking with customers to support existing designs alongside defining future product design specifications.
- You will undertake and manage the full development cycle from specification, design, schematic capture, through to supporting PCB layout, manufacture and assembly operations while following and developing design procedures.
- You will design to best practices in terms of EMC, thermal management, and product reliability.
- You can comfortably take designs from concept through to market, whilst maintaining both the pace and accuracy expected from a high-performance team.
- You will be able to demonstrate examples of optimising circuit design, for ease of manufacture and production test, and component design to maximise efficiency, package density, layout efficiency, reliability and thermal performance
Proven experience / background:
- Can work as part of a multi-discipline team including hardware, software and mechanical engineers
- Proven experience within an electronics design role with a first class or upper 2nd honours degree in a relevant electrical or electronic engineering subject, equivalent experience or accredited engineering pathway
- Will have a natural curiosity for leading edge technology and demonstrate an inclusive and collaborative workplace style.