This opportunity would suit an Electro Mechanical Design Engineer who is keen to work in an SME environment, yet receive the backing of a global corporate. The company is a world leader in design & manufacture of connectivity, motion control and power electronics products, servicing the aerospace, defence and industrial markets.
With revenues in the £15-20m range and circa 120 employees, we are now looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who can carry out electro mechanical packaging design of power supplies using Solidworks and Solidworks simulation for thermal and stress calculations. The power supply is mostly machined from solid aluminium and steel, some extrusion, some castings.
• Design of mechanical packaging solutions
• Thermal analysis at board level and assembly level
• Stress analysis at board level and assembly level
• Creation of configured drawing packs using CAD systems
• Product Design Review – Provide technical expertise for packaging into the main product review process
• Technology development – Work with suppliers and other engineering functions to improve product capabilities
• Working to account budgeting and operational considerations
To apply for this position you should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience in Solidworks, CAD, Flow simulation and Simulation analysis software is essential.
• Proven experience in mechanical and electronic design packaging.
• Ideally qualified to degree standard in a relevant mechanical engineering course.
• A complete understanding of heat transfer mechanisms in the cooling of electronics.
• Creation of Drawing data packs
• Bill of Materials creation and maintenance
• Experience in the use of finite element software (Solidworks Simulation) for thermal and structural analysis.
• Experience in design of jigs for environmental testing, production assembly fixtures and test equipment
• This position will regularly involve working to tight timescales.
This would suit a Design Engineer who enjoys working within a design and manufacturing environment on new product development activities.
• Hovercraft Ticket and Taxi to site paid or relocation if moving to the island
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking
• 37.5 hour working week over 4.5 days
* Clearance requirements: The post-holder must be able to hold and maintain UK Government security clearances