Great opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to manage the entire product development process from initial concept to market release. You’ll be tasked with the design, development and management of innovative solutions for the marine/subsea instrumentation industry.
Your principal responsibilities will include things like design and development of new & existing products to internal and external customer driven specifications. You’ll need to verify and validate your electro-mechanical designs using classical hand calculations, finite element analysis (Ansys) as well as experimental testing. This may involve assembly of mechanical prototypes, environmental and type approval testing as required.
This is a collaborative environment and you’ll need good open communication skills to work with internal colleagues as well as engaging with external suppliers.
You’ll be working with a variety of materials used in harsh environments so this should be something you are familiar with as long term reliability is important to the success of this company.
There might be occasional travel but it is not excessive and will largely by in the UK but there is potential for occasional worldwide travel.
Ideally educated to degree level and/or experienced Electro-mechanical Design Engineer, ideally with subsea instrumentation design experience.
- Ability to verify designs using hand calculations
- Finite element analysis ESSENTIAL - ideally ANSYS
- Advanced 3D CAD modelling experience - preferably Autodesk Inventor CAD Experience
- An understanding of networked systems and TCP/IP
- Recent and strong experience, expertise and capability in commercial product development, delivery and ongoing support.
- Experience of working within subsea instrumentation design including material selection and pressure vessel design.
- Experience in developing products for CE/LVD compliance with knowledge of relevant codes, standards and applicable regulations.
- Experience in producing new ideas, approaches, insights
- Demonstrable experience in creating innovative products, designs and solutions.
This position would suit an experience Mechanical Design Engineer who has seen a few products through the development lifecycle. If you enjoy working on technically challenging projects then this position is definitely for you.