Successfully deliver vehicle projects to market. You will be validating the functional operation of various electrical and electronic systems on the vehicle against specifications and regulatory requirements. You will also be required to manage and support creation of test procedures and formal reporting of results.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Test experience relating to the validation of automotive electrical systems for functional, performance and reliability
- Support and oversee in vehicle and bench test against specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Reporting of concerns into project reviews and senior management
- Root cause investigation of concerns on vehicles.
- Creation of test specifications to ensure full validation of the above systems.
- Cross functional working with related departments to ensure early response reported issues and concerns resolution.
- Provide technical support to support the launch of the new models in to European production plants
- Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Valid UK driving licence is MUST.
- Have fluent written and verbal English language capability.
Have specialist experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Harness layout and power distribution validation
- EMC and vehicle reliability validation
- Body electronics validation
- Vehicle Diagnostics validation
- HUD Meter and cluster systems validation
- Audio and Infotainment systems validation
- Automated Parking systems validation
- Have knowledge of the electrical architecture of modern vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding.
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices
- Be able to risk assess software modifications and develop appropriate test plans
- Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN, LIN)
- Be able to operate CANalyzer software or similar and interpret the results
- Be able to follow system circuit diagrams and identify electrical connections
- Be able to demonstrate and have practical experience in problem solving tools and techniques
- Be conversant with digital oscilloscopes, and basic electrical test equipment.
- Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft project.
- Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be longer periods and or at short notice.