Contract 6 months
£28 Ltd an hour
Our Automotive client in Wilshire is seeking an Electrical Technician ideally from the Motorsport industry background with experience of hands on and practical based work working to short timescales.
A role within the Test & Development team, providing a technician level of service to support the building of test rigs and installations as required by the project’s requirement for research hardware.
• Assembly of high voltage propulsion systems using build documentation and jigs/ fixtures where relevant
• Conducting tests on sub-assemblies and in-vehicle assemblies. Typically involving both mechanical and electrical tests and result/data recording
• Liaising with engineers to specify build requirements and procedures and assist with planning
• Supporting set up and calibration of test equipment
• Following quality system generated build procedures where applicable, and feeding back any procedural issues
• Inspection of incoming components and reporting stock levels for re-ordering
• Fabrication and machining work as required
Qualifications, skills and behaviours:
• Relevant practically based mechanical or electrical qualification (at least NVQ 4 or equivalent)
• Experience in a motorsport, automotive or similar precision prototype or low volume production and development environment
• Ideally, experience of building High Voltage Batteries
• Working knowledge of electrical circuits, some electrical testing experience would be preferred
• Appreciation and application of 5S requirements
Basic computer literacy with experience of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.