Electrical, Electronic Systems Team Leader
6 months FTC
£competitive salary and benefits
Job role overview: Specification / Design of Electrical / Electronic Modules
Report to: Chief Engineer Electrical / Electronic Systems
Location: Hinckley, UK
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the Electrical Electronic Modules team to deliver components and control modules for use in chassis, powertrain, RESS, electric drivelines, suspension systems, HMI’s etc.
• Manage day to day tasks of a team of engineers, complete development appraisals for the team and manage holiday / personnel related tasks
• Specify, influence, verify and validate simple components to full electronic control modules to meet all higher-level system and safety requirements, environmental standards (thermal, ingress and vibration etc.), EMC regulations and legal requirements etc.
• Continuous improvement to advance design procedures, module development lifecycles, best practice, efficiency improvements, MBSE tool requirements etc.
• Identify and resolve application problems / project risks at component and motorcycle level.
• Define and meet quality / cost targets and manage delivery to support NMIP.
• Oversee hardware requirements and provide support to FuSa (e.g. diagnostic coverage and safety case generation), systems, software/ modelling teams.
• Disseminate specialist knowledge including current best practice and emerging technological advances into appropriate working groups / departments.
• Oversee FTA and FMEA generation / review.
• Develop hardware and full motorcycle module architectures to maximise commonality and reuse of components / modules and actively control variants by utilising MBSE tools.
• Generate, review, improve, guide and approve design decision sheets, schematics, specifications, procedures and tests requirements.
• Regular liaison with product planning, project managers, manufacturing departments, quality, compliance and chassis / powertrain / ECS/ EDS / FuSa teams.
• Work with existing worldwide suppliers and identify potential new suppliers to ensure timely introduction of new components.
• Deputise for Chief Engineer - EES as required.
• To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
• Any other duties as required by your Manager.
BEng or MEng in Electrical / Electronic Engineering Degree or Equivalent
Skills / Experience:
Proficient in Hardware design, requirements capture / management and component verification and validation.
Embedded systems design experience.
Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Excellent trouble shooting skills.
Specialist knowledge. For example fault tolerant hardware design, design for EMC etc
Self-motivated and resilient.
Flexible and adaptable.
Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and agreed timescales.
Excellent communication skills, clear and concise written and verbal skills.
Logical approach to problem solving.
Role model to Design, Senior, Specialist and Lead Design Engineers.
Working in a multi-discipline team environment.
Flexible on working hours.
Willing to undertake UK and Overseas travel as required.
To apply please send an MS Word version of your CV across for our review and consideration.