Our client is a British OEM and is famous for building iconic motorcycles. Through bold design, purposeful engineering and a genuine passion for the ride, they create distinctive motorcycles and aim to make the best in the world.
Our client designs all of their motorcycles in Leicestershire and manufacture components and complete motorcycles in five factories globally.
Due to growth and development of the business there is a new opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will hold a BEng or MEng in Electrical / Electronic engineering or have an HND level qualification and proven relevant experience.
You will be responsible for the Design and development of whole vehicle electrical circuits, physical layout of wiring harness and associated electrical systems on the motorcycle.
- High level design and specification of a wide variety of electrical/electronic components and systems.
- Regular liaison with manufacturing departments and worldwide suppliers to ensure timely introduction of new components and systems.
Essential skill requirements:
- Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Possess a flexible working approach and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
Desirable skill requirements:
- Experience with CAN communication and familiarity with CANalyser / CANoe or a similar software package.
- Previous experience in an automotive design environment.
- Experience with MATLAB / FAMOS or other data analysis packages.
- Working knowledge of C.
To apply for this opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in the UK with no restrictions and demonstrate flexibility and willingness to travel overseas when required.