This is an excellent opportunity, for a skilled Electrical Engineer with experience of Wiring and Assembly of Automation Equipment/Industrial Machines, to join a System Build Team. This position is based near Southampton, Hampshire with some visits to customer sites throughout the UK.
As a System Build Engineer you will have a varied and interesting role in the System Build Team, building, installing, and supporting Automation Systems, with a diverse range of responsibilities, including:
• Electrical Control Panel Build
• Wiring of Automation Systems
• Mechanical Assembly of systems & Fitting of peripheral devices
• Wiring and Piping of Welding Fixtures
• Fault Finding and Routine Servicing of Automation Systems
• An opportunity to learn Programming, Set-up and Commissioning skills
Required Skills and Experience
As an Electrical Engineer/System Build Engineer you will possess the following skills and attributes:
• A sound electrical engineering background including knowledge of electrical control systems with the ability to read technical drawings in both electrical and pneumatic disciplines.
• Ability to read technical mechanical drawings is preferable but not essential
• Experience commissioning and fault finding is preferable but not essential
• Some mechanical fitting and assembly skills
• You will be self-motivated, flexible and resourceful with a keen desire to progress your career
Qualifications for this role will include a minimum of five GCSE's grades A - C (or equivalent) along with a relevant engineering apprenticeship as a minimum but a higher-level qualification would be a distinct advantage.
• 40 hours a week
• Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays
• Company pension contribution
• Profit based bonus scheme