Electrical Architecture & Integration Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000
• Design and implementation of electrical network architectures for current and next generation high performance ICE and electrified vehicles.
• Engineering, development, and integration of electrical systems into the overall vehicle electrical architecture in conjunction with the system owners and technical partners.
• Support of testing activities for software deliveries as part of the software release process.
• Component, sub-system and system level testing on rigs and test vehicles.
• Fault identification and resolution, including management of issues to closure.
• Preparation of status reports for both internal and external distribution.
• Tier 1 supplier support and management for software updates in conjunction with the software release and management team.
• Support for vehicle build and vehicle testing.
• Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Expert understanding of electrical architectures, electrical peripherals, CAN/FlexRay/LIN/AE networks, wiring and diagnostic technologies.
• Proven track record of system/component design and delivery within an automotive, aerospace, telecommunications, or similar engineering environment.
• Practical use of CAN, LIN, FlexRay and automotive ethernet software tools. Training will be provided where required.
• Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
• Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
• Full driving license is essential.
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
• This job description may not detail some fewer major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.