This company is an innovative, fast-growing subsea technology company at the leading edge of carbon composite development. They use the most advanced materials and manufacturing science to deliver game changing solutions to the subsea oil and gas industry. Their products are deployed in some of the harshest conditions on the planet.
This role will involve you working on the design, development and commissioning of control systems for novel production equipment and products. As part of the Industrialisation team, you be working on the implementation of new lines as well as supporting existing systems. You will be able to approach challenges and develop solutions with a low level of supervision before presenting them.
Your duties will include working on motion control equipment and drives, safety systems, and monitoring systems both PLC and video based. You will also liaise with other departments and suppliers during the execution of project engineering tasks.
• A good degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Controls Engineering or other relevant subject.
• A minimum of 5 years working on industrial automation systems.
• Specification, design and implementation of precision machinery motion control systems, ideally using Siemens Sinamics, Simatic and Simotion technologies.
• Electrical system design compliant with EN 60204-1. Knowledge of BS7671:2018 would also be beneficial.
• Functional safety compliant with EN ISO 13849-1 and/or EN 62061. Being a registered functional safety engineer would be an advantage.
• The ideal candidate would have a Competent Person (Low Voltage) or similar qualification.
• Electrical/electronic circuit construction and fault finding.
• Experience in machinery compliance to allow CE/UKCA Marking of both new and existing machinery.
• PLC programming and servo drive configuration knowledge, ideally of Siemens systems, would be highly desirable.
• Knowledge of basic IP networking.
• Confident in using computers in a MS Windows based environment.
• Knowledge of MS office.
• Good presentation skills.
• Willing to be hands on as well as desk based.
• Ability to travel overseas.
This position would suit an Engineer who is more focused on electrical design rather than the software elements of the requirements, and manager is particuarly interested in Engineers who understand machine safety regs and are able to assist with the documentation and compliance side of design.
• Bonus – up to 10%
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking