Founded in 2019, we are building an electric truck specifically to be used in and around cities and urban areas. The company’s ambition is to remove tailpipe emissions, reduce city pollution, and completely redesign the vehicle to make it significantly safer – for drivers as well as pedestrians and cyclists.
We are a small and tight knit team wanting to work with those who share our passion, our values and our drive to make city centres safer and cleaner.
You will be instrumental in all aspects of EE Architecture design, including requirements design and authoring, network design and implementation, and system software specification. You will be working hands-on yourself plus with outsource partners and suppliers to deliver all aspects of the EE Architecture. The EE Architectures will be developed in accordance with the various industry standards for security, safety and diagnostics. You will ensure the architecture and systems design is robust, safe and flexible from initial concept though to series production and beyond.
• Own and lead the definition of the vehicle features (working with all stakeholders to define and approve the requirements) and generate the digital traceability as part of the functional decomposition.
• Develop and maintain the EE architecture required to satisfy the vehicle features, security and safety requirements working alongside the electrical system and component owners.
• Define and optimise the vehicle network architectures of LIN, CAN and Ethernet and support the product life cycle with the required network and database releases.
• Contribute to the on-vehicle diagnostic and network management requirements and define the vehicle standards including supporting system and component owners to deliver them.
• Working alongside the functional safety team, support the develop of the Functional Safety Case (FSC) and corresponding Functional Safety Requirements (FSRs) for all functionality delivered within the vehicle for all associated safety goals (as part of the systems engineering process)
• Working alongside internal and external software teams, support the specification of detailed requirements for software implementation in Volta designed ECU’s
• Contribute to development of the systems engineering process and develop a culture within engineering for the product development life cycle
• Ensure that requirements for updates, improvements, cost reductions or modifications are met during the production life of the vehicles
Skills and Qualifications
• 2 years+ automotive engineering experience in EE Architecture communication design, MUST be in CAN and LIN.
• 1+ years in system engineering.
• Experience in EE Architecture design tools for communication networks (eg PREEvision).
• University degree in a Electrical or Electronics engineering topics
• Demonstrable experience developing systems including the aspects of; software, communications and hardware.
• Demonstrable experience developing products in line with Functional Safety and Cybersecurity
• Hands-on approach to engineering, practical and enthusiastic
• Strong communication skills and fluent in English
• Ability to drive and complete tasks independently, task oriented and high attention to detail
• Ability to work in a complex and ambiguous environment
• Positive and passionate, good team player