£45,000 + benefits
Working on one of the most exciting Automotive Projects in recent times, you will be reporting to the Engineering Project Leader. This varied role will include EDS design and drawing creation, technical problem solving and change tracking as well as customer facing activities including launch and build support.
Specifically this will include:
- Responsibility for developing the engineering design of the electrical distribution system from project start to vehicle launch/SOP
- Responsibility for the design of wiring harnesses, including the co-ordination of mechanical and electrical design data (i.e. bringing together 3D modelling data and electrical circuits data)
- Supporting the development and integration of associated components into the harness design (e.g. adding brackets, formers, and grommets).
- Responsibility for design validation and customer specifications.
- Responsible for the release of harness designs to agreed project timing
- Supporting design validation (DVP) and compliance reporting
- Ensuring designs meet standards of internal best practice, especially with regards to design for manufacture and quality assurance
- Support manufacturing during early design phases and ramp-up (including direct support at overseas manufacturing sites)
- Support vehicle manufacturing during prototype and pre-production build phases (including support at customer build sites)
- Analyse and resolve technical issues, including reporting into customer based systems (AIMS) and internal systems (Omnitracker)
- Create clear & concise Engineering Change Request (ECR) documentation, for manufacturing implementation & costing
- Support product optimisation activities (TVM, VA/VE)
- Experienced with Mentor graphics design tools (Cap-H, or Harness XC preferred)
- Educated to HND/degree level, in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Elec/Auto/Mech)
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical principles, and vehicle electrical systems
- Demonstrable understanding of technical/engineering documentation (e.g. circuit diagrams and harness drawings)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in a vehicle manufacturing environment, preferably in a design support role
- Knowledge of harness manufacturing processes and best practice in ‘design for manufacture’
- Prepared to travel to multiple sites, Customer and Supplier sites worldwide
CV's to email@example.com