Our client is an Iconic Motorcycle OEM located in Hinckley.
New contract opportunity for an Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) engineer to support immediate project requirements.
To allow for the introduction of new and exciting automotive technology across the range of motorcycles.
As a Contract Electrical Distribution Systems engineer, within the wider Electrical team, you will support the team in full vehicle electrical system and wire harness design, from high level scheming down to individual component development, working closely with Tier 1 suppliers to specify components to a high standard and drive forward the next generation of motorcycles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- EDS project support for new bike models and variants.
- Design and development of whole vehicle electrical circuits using Vesys 2015 software.
- High level design and specification of a wide variety of electrical / electronic components.
- Advising the mechanical (chassis) engineering team on the physical layout of wiring harness and associated electrical systems on the vehicle. Transferring this information into Vesys 2015 harness layout drawings and synchronising with circuit designs.
- Reviewing technical service manual documentation relating to the vehicle electrical system.
- Regular liaison with chassis / powertrain / systems teams at all project stages.
- Work with existing worldwide suppliers to discuss electrical component / wire harness specifications.
- Inspection of wire harnesses to drawing and supporting on-bike routing assessments to improve the harness fitment at later prototype stages.
- Closely support prototype build phases to ensure electrical issues are identified and resolved promptly.
- Proficient in EDS design using VeSys or similar CAD package