This is a new position, reporting into the Chief Commercial Officer. It is one of a number of roles forming a new layer between Functional Managers and the Senior Leadership team and as such we are looking for leaders who have the ability to set up and develop a team; candidates should welcome this and not be put off by it - there are also no specific processes in place to run projects.
You’ll be working for an automotive technology firm based across the US, UK and China, & their mission is to drive sustainable transport through innovation, imagination & efficiency.
This position requires a strong and experienced leader, actively contributing to the development of high-level strategic objectives and delivering them by implementing industry leading project management processes.
The primary responsibility of the role is to ensure the successful delivery of all current and future projects, leading cross-functional activities in order to meet the company’s quality, cost and timing goals. The position will set project management strategy, based on corporate product strategy, vision and mission. Developing human capital to support long-term skill and resource requirements.
The Director of Project Management will instil a well-balanced risk and time-to-market management culture across the function.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and behaviours:
- Strong leadership skills and can-do attitude
- Highly motivated and goal oriented, both strategic and pragmatic
- Clear influencing and thought leadership ability
- Strong gravitas and ability to effectively engage at senior levels
- Excellent interpersonal communication with strong empathy and listening skills
- Tenacity with strong negotiating skills
- Strong balance of hands on vs delegation
- Innovative with a strong ability to affect change and a drive for continuous improvement
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
- Post graduate qualification in Engineering
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a quality product to a demanding customer
- Significant Project Management experience in automotive OEM or Tier 1 environments
- High natural Engineering and product, aptitude and understanding
- Experience in technical human resources management in global multi-cultural environments
This is a great opportunity for someone to set up a project office from scratch, lay the foundations for successful project management across the business as well as build and develop a team.
- Discretionary Bonus
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Share Options
- Learning & Development