Digital Mock-Up Engineer (DMU)
£35,000 - £45,000
We're currently recruiting for a DMU Engineer to join an Innovative Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Surrey.
- Master product creation and management for all projects
- Leading cross—functional design reviews
- Agenda management
- CAD setup
- Clash and clearance checking
- DRC approval for all releases and all programmes
- Fortnightly general checks of all master products
- Support of design engineers with clash checking when requested
- Policing of CAD standard
- Modelling methodology
- Own and manage standard packaging models
- Occupant/lighting etc.
- Setup of standard kinematic models
- All moving items to have stick models for easy implementation to project
- Support of Engineer – Materials and Drawings with fastener modelling and manipulation
- Liaise with vehicle teams to support feasible solutions with regard to manufacturing, assembly and homologation
- Support TSPW with modelling and maintenance of standard CAD components
- Creation of CAD master drops including clash detection
- Manage all data transfer with customer and suppliers
- Plan and maintain progress in improving personal professional competence
- Ensure that your technical knowledge and expertise is kept up to date
- Identify and highlight any areas for continuous improvement.
Experience and Qualifications:
It is anticipated that you will have a relevant automotive experience with at least two years’ experience in DMU. Candidates will ideally be educated to degree level in a mechanical or aeronautical discipline.
Please send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org