Diesel Application Engineer
|Job Title:||Diesel Application Engineer|
|Salary:||£30,000 to £40,000 (dependent on proven ability) + bonus + car allowance + excellent bens|
|Contact Name:||Paul Frisby|
|Job Published:||June 05, 2018 09:32|
Global product leader supplying the highest quality automotive components and systems for all the major global car manufacturers and the aftermarket is seeking a proven Diesel Applications Engineer to support continued expansion.
Application support (all elements of the integration and validation of Diesel Fuel Injection Equipment on new or upgraded customer engines). This may also involve component control strategy development and calibration. Customers are currently local and US based.
The role may involve training/travel to Japan, China and sites within Europe and the US
My client is looking for an engineer with good theoretical knowledge and relevant Diesel experience, ideally with experience of dealing with customers.
Main tasks of the job:
Responsibility for the assigned aspect of Diesel application which could include:
• System selection
• Packaging management (i.e. managing design changes)
• Internal quality processes
• Validation definition / agreement with customer/ testing/reporting
• Validation testing on System Bench/Engine/Machine/Vehicle
• Resolution of problems relating to packaging performance or other
• Controlling customer project schedules to ensure they match capability (i.e. tooling lead times)
• Involvement with infield issues/ resolution
• Calibration of rail pressure control
• Calibration of injector quantity control i.e. multi-shot to ensure requested quantity is delivered and timing of event accurate.
• Managing customer specification change and the associated validation to prove robustness
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's