Ambitious advanced engineering start-up developing an innovative engine is seeking a Development Engineer.
You will join a small dedicated in-house technical expert team, developing know-how and IP in unique aspects of the engine. The ‘Mule’ engine has been commissioned, and is now in development.
My client must now deliver a fast-paced program of prototype development and application, increasingly independent from outsourcing to specialist engineering suppliers. This position will support the Chief Engineer, Development, with the next phase of prototype testing onsite and at two universities.
Significant time can be spent working remotely with limited time spent on-site in West Sussex.
- Technical responsibility for test projects using rigs, single-cylinder and multi-cylinder engines
- Co-ordination of hardware builds, test schedules, fault rectification and delivery of test results, often to demanding time schedules
- Analysis of test results, development of conclusions and recommendations for development towards technical targets
- Supporting engineering partners and academic institutions in delivering test programs
- Reporting of technical progress and risk
- Day to day management of suppliers and programme partners as appropriate
- Supporting the Technical Director and Chief Engineers to actively manage programme risk and forward planning of work and resource
- Engineering graduate with experience of internal combustion engine testing and development
- Fluent in thermodynamics, engine and engine systems technology and engineering
- Experience of using 1D & 3D CFD simulation for steering hardware & performance development is an advantage, but not essential