The Development Engineer will work as part of the engineering team conducting development and test activities for both the VP185 and Heritage range of engines produced at the Colchester site.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Operate in compliance with the Company departmental procedures.
2. To support future “applications engineering” for the VP185 engine including electronic fuel injection, Tier3 emissions solutions, distributed i/o controls systems and value engineering opportunities.
3. Ensure development test “procedures & product specifications” are maintained and enhanced.
4. Plan and conduct “verification & validation” testing of prototype products to confirm compliance aginst the required specifications.
5. The engineer will “analyze data & solve complex system problems” as they relate to hardware selection, engine performance, fuel consumption, emissions, and base engine calibration and development.
6. Support “continuous improvement” in engine quality and reliability.
7. Provide “technical support” to the Sales team with data for tenders and quotations for new business.
8. Maintain & track “Product Certifications & Approvals” for the VP185 Product Range.
9. Ensure both “Project & Technical Files” are in place and maintained for VP185 Engines.
10. Ensure that development test results are compiled in the form of “Engineering Reports” in a timely manner.
Company Specific Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Performing in a way aimed at achieving the highest possible work efficiency
2. To comply with the Company Code of Conduct
3. To provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
4. To undertake such other tasks that may be reasonably required
5. To adhere to all Company processes and procedures
6. To enhance the image and reputation of the company whilst supporting its commercial interests
7. EHS Compliance: it is essential to be aware of and adhere to all Health & Safety laws & guidelines relevant to your role and to the safety of your colleagues, visitors and external partner is compulsory.