We are looking for a hands on Design Manager/Lead Design Engineer to manage a small Design Team and all aspects of the departments design and pricing methodologies. You’ll be responsible for the Design Team, product design and development of key customer relationships.
Specific skills that are of interest to the client are:
• Minimum 5 years of software design experience-using AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor
• 2:1 of higher degree in engineering or other relevant degree.
• Ability to read & understand technical manufacturing drawings.
• Ability to produce clear fabrication drawings in AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor for the fabrication workshop team.
• Proven record of accomplishment in drafting and DTM - Design to Manufacture.
• Proven record of Customer Service, particularly in understanding client requirements.
• Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Metal fabrication or construction industry knowledge or qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
• Knowledge of H&S requirements in a construction or fabrication environment.
• Knowledge of Building Regulations.
• Project support or Project management experience.
• Exposure to modular construction techniques.
• Knowledge of electrical and/or plumbing systems.
• 25 days holiday
• Life Assurance x4
• Excellent Pension
• 40 hour week