Ambitious advanced engineering start-up developing an innovative engine is seeking a Design Engineer.
You will join a small dedicated in-house technical expert team, developing know-how and IP in unique aspects of the engine. The ‘Mule’ engine has been commissioned, and is now in development.
You will be part of the team deliver an agile program of design upgrades for the ‘Mule’ to meet its performance targets, and develop concepts for a cheaper, more integrated engine as the next stage of prototype. This position will support the Chief Engineer, Design Architecture, in developing those design upgrades and concepts.
Location can be flexible. Significant time can be spent working remotely with limited time spent on-site in West Sussex.
- Technical responsibility for conceptual and detail design of components, assemblies and systems
- Co-ordination with suppliers to establish solutions, develop designs and release drawings for prototype manufacture
- Co-ordination with simulation engineers, or running of own simulations, to refine concepts and embrace design changes indicated by analysis
- Supporting engineering partners and academic institutions in delivering test programs
- Reporting of technical progress and risk
- Day to day management of suppliers and programme partners as appropriate
- Supporting the Technical Director and Chief Engineers to actively manage programme risk and forward planning of work and resource
- Engineering graduate with 1-5 years’ experience of internal combustion engine design
- Fluent in thermodynamics, engine and engine systems technology and engineering
- Experience of using FEA, 1D & 3D CFD simulation is an advantage, but not essential