Automotive OEM client located in Chippenham is recruiting a Design Engineer Cooling Systems in the HVAC team supporting a new electric vehicle project.
You will hold at least 3 years' experience designing cooling systems in the automotive or similar industry using NX Unigraphics CAD Package.
Additionally you will hold previous commodity ownership experience, including release of drawings and specifications to suppliers and managing delivery, with knowledge of automotive processes (APQP, DFMEAs, DVPs).
- Delivery focused role
- Design of parts – liaising closely with the packaging team and other PMTs
- Ownership of packaging design of cooling system hose and pipes assemblies and parts within
- Liaising and working cross team to solve packaging issues
- Creating and updating technical drawings at part level, assembly level and tolerance stacks
- Liaising with suppliers with regard to design, DFM, prototyping and timing
- Design of test rigs to prove out fundamentals
- An appreciation of other engineering disciplines such aerodynamics, thermodynamics, CFD analysis and electrical, electronics and electromagnetic systems
- A practical understanding of fluid dynamics
- Experience/knowledge of thermodynamic cycles
- Experience of system measurement techniques – airflow, temperature, pressure
- Experience of pressurised systems and pressure vessels
You must be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions to apply for this position.