Permanent - South Yorkshire, Lincolnshire
I am seeking a Design Engineer to work for my client who designs and manufactures exhaust after-treatment systems, reducing emissions from heavy-duty vehicles and equipment.
The role requires that you be able to undertake and deliver complex designs to support the customer base and suggesting changes and improvements to current design as well as drive cost reductions within the standard product range.
Expect participation or leading design reviews to progress design through the NPI cycle. The role would ideally suit an advanced CATIA user with fundamental knowledge of GD&T principles.
• Design exhaust systems as per the requirements specified by the project team – this includes part design material considerations, assembly and drafting (drawing creation) using CAD tools provided.
• Working closely with internal and external customers, supporting product development through NPI processes from initial concept and project definition, through design activities.
• Engineer stainless steel sheet metal products with a focus on ease of manufacturing.
• Capable of supporting the documentation for preparation of DFMEA, Design reviews etc.
• Deliver feedback to the wider group that drives continuous improvement
• Adhere to design and drawing standards and processes to ensure drawing quality is maintained.
• Support the Design Team Leader to plan and manage departmental resources, workload and budgets.
• Responsibility of releasing drawings and BoM into the business management system.
• Support jig design and aid development of operating procedures for Manufacturing Engineering.
• Support implementation GD&T principles into our drawings and designs.
• Understand risk management in the context of IATF as applies to this role
• Capable of running a 3D CAD package such as CATIA, Solid Works or Pro-E to an advanced level
• Demonstrates adequate knowledge of design fundamentals, engineering drawing quality and tolerances
• Demonstrate awareness/application of GD&T principles
• Awareness of design standards such as BS 8888 would be an advantage
• Knowledge/experience with tolerance stack-up assessments
• Ability to create technical documentation and display good presentation skills – preparation for Design Reviews, DFMEA
• An awareness of fundamentals and workings of engine and emissions treatment (exhaust) systems will be advantageous.
If you are keen to hear more about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org