Our Automotive client based on the South Coast in Portchester is recruiting X2 new Design Engineers on a permanent basis.
Our client specialises in mirror and camera technologies working with Automotive OEMs and suppliers globally.
The Design Engineer will be responsible to undertake new and existing product design projects to ensure that fully developed cost effective designs are produced, to agreed time scales.
You must have sound knowledge of the design of plastic injection mould components.
- To raise agreed detailed product specifications prior to commencing work on a nominated project.
- To originate product proposals for consideration by the Senior Engineering of new components and assemblies.
- To regularly liaise with fellow designers to transfer best practice/improvements/concepts.
- Maintain design drawings, bringing drawings in line with changes that have been made to the component tools, ISIRs or any other departmental request.
- Technically assist the manufacturing engineering department during the building of prototype samples for customers.
- Technically assist tooling and development departments with concerns arising from first shots of tools and moulding.
- Ensure the design standards are utilised.
- Technically assist the test and development function during component validation.
- Comply with the Health & Safety Policy and observe all the safety rules to ensure your personal safety and the safety of others.
- Ensure that you comply and adopt the CANDO programme regarding the organisation of your work environment.
You'll be experienced with 3D CAD systems (the business use Catia, but any CAD package can be considered).
- HNC Mechanical Engineering (minimum qualification)
- Computer literate
- Mechanical Engineering degree