£Negotiable dependant on experience
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of optical fibre-based lasers for use in materials processing applications in a wide range of industries. They are seeking a Software Programmer to support the programming of their production critical system. They use Delphi for this so any experience in this area would be fantastic but as this is an older language this could also be trained.
They require someone with a strong SQL database experience as this is critical to their production. This coupled with either Delphi or if not, Java, .NET or C# programming experience is what is needed for this role.
The level of the role is flexible hence no salary advertised, it is an important role within the business and the salary will depend on the level of experience in a similar role and what skills you can bring to the business.
You will be joining a small team to focus on designing, coding, testing, debugging and supporting highly complex software applications which are used across sites within the manufacturing area. Changes and enhancements usually (but not always) come from a defined set of specifications.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Maintaining and supporting in house manufacturing system
• Working on projects to improve and add functionally to above system
• Resolving software and application issues
• Helping to support and maintain company SQL infrastructure
• 2-3 years+ Programming experience - Delphi/Lazarus/RemObjects Oxygene or JAVA, C# or .NET
• Strong, demonstrable SQL skills
• Working knowledge of Object Oriented Methodologies
• Working knowledge of full development life cycle
• Barcode labeling using ZPL/EPL programming languages
• Working knowledge of source code control systems (e.g. SVN/Git)
• Web Reporting/Graphing technologies such as d3.js
• Message Queuing technologies such as RabbitMQ/AMQP
• Networking programming knowledge – TCPIP/UDP
• Ability to work across multiple tasks methodically and efficiently and to meet committed timescales
• Ability to work under pressure
• Highly organized with an attention to detail
• Able to prioritise in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priorities
• Highly motivated