This is a chance to join a leading manufacturer of sample preparation equipment for the electron microscopy market. This is a new position in the business due to growth of the company. It is anticipated that you will become the company expert in cryogenic specimen preparation techniques. You’ll be able to demonstrate the capabilities of the cryo products and instruct users on the best methods of preparing a wide range of potential specimens. The role will require a deep understanding of low dose imaging and specimen freezing.
- Training of customers in cryo sample preparation and imaging
- Increasing sales of application training
- Presenting data at conferences and specialist meetings
- Representing the company at cryo products range at trade shows
- Acquiring market intelligence to allow the cryo product range to be improved to meet changing customer needs and then feeding this back to the design team
- Liaising with OEM partners to identify their needs
- Visiting opinion leaders in the field to establish future needs and directions
- Carrying out other reasonable tasks as required by Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Degree level in a suitable science: Biological, Materials
- Data management and computational skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience operating SEMs / FIBSEMs
- Proven experience in SEM / FIBSEM cryo specimen preparation and imaging. Cryo TEM experience would also be an advantage.
- Experience in the various methods of sample freezing and understanding of the limitations of each method.
- Proven record of providing applications training to customers
- Understanding of cryo workflow solutions and integration into different systems
- SAP Business 1 experience would be helpful
- Foreign language skills would be an advantage, especially Chinese / Japanese
Must be willing to travel both within the UK and internationally up to 50% of time, in order to attend sales events, conferences, visit customers to provide applications training and visit opinion leaders for market research purposes.