Creative Design Manager
Perm - Salary £Competitive
Our Automotive OEM in central London is seeking a new Creative Design Manager to manage their Design Studio.
Overview of Job Role
To be responsible for all program excellence and design feasibility in terms of deliverables, project management,
timing and budget.
To lead creative output and deliverables of all upstream projects, proactively managing team to maximise output.
Maintain focus on all downstream activity’s but be proactive and flexible to support upstream projects when needed.
Main Responsibilities / Key Tasks Defined
* Lead EXT / INT design team, ensuring all reporting lines are stretching and challenging for creative and
innovative design and working to best practice.
* Ensure the highest level of creative design and realisation and ensure you provide the collaborative link with
other departments including 3D Realisation, Product Planning and Engineering requirements.
* Take full responsibility for achieving design excellence and quality at all phases, with particular awareness of
allocated resources, overseeing to detailed schedules as well as achieving all project milestones.
* Proactively anticipate program needs for the design processes required for decision making and the
realisation of the companies projects
* Prepare, monitor and evaluate the creation of designs and their presentation, providing designs to the
appropriate level. Lead discussion and presentation of designs and organise design activity in relation to any
changing requirements and such to present the highest quality finished product.
* Proactively support production knowledge at all stages and up to leading up to “Go with one”.
* Lead in delivering technical progress and solutions in regard to Design. Provide innovative solutions.
* Lead internal design reviews for DD and provide valuable input in order to improve design.
* Contribute to the companies design strategy
* Engage in the companies cross-functional communications, internally and externally, to increase benefit to projects and the company.
* Proactively allocate resources in efficient manner
* Mentor each designer to stretch their capability and reach maximum potential both on a daily basis and
during annual performance cycle.
Skills and Attributes Required
* High capability in production Design and Design sensitivity to judge Design styling
* Creative and innovative, with a proactive approach
* Strong communication, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
* A high capacity to work cross-functionally
* Robust working knowledge of project progression, delivery and timing
* Excellent time management capability
* Working knowledge of design realisation processes
* An expert understanding of the design process
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Confident in negotiation and reconciliation
* Good Leadership skills to motivate and drive the team forward with the ability to work well within a team
Qualifications or Knowledge Required
* Degree in Automotive Design or equivalent
* Strong knowledge of ‘Best Practice’ within the Automotive Design business
* Work experience in a Design Management role
* Automotive Technical Knowledge
* Production design experience
* Detailed Management and Supervisory Experience within a design studio environment is essential
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review.