£38,000 - £55,000 (DOE) + benefits
This is an ambitious organisation, and they are looking for an equally ambitious and innovative Cost Engineer to join a dynamic Cost Benchmarking & Budget Setting team. The business is positioned to become the most desirable Asian brand in Europe, and need your help to get there.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Cost estimation for component piece cost and vendor tooling (absolute & fluctuation)
- Budget setting by part for full programmes
- Support global Product Economic Control activities
- Generation of cost reduction ideas
As you would expect, being a global organisation, working cross functionally across the business (inc R&D, Product Planning & Market Intelligence) will be an essential part of the role.
Your background will include:
- A strong background in industrial or process engineering within a volume manufacturing environment, however we’d still like to hear from applicants from other disciplines i.e. toolmaking
- A good understanding of how components are manufactured – particularly seats
- An understanding of how to build cost
- Specialist manufacturing process knowledge such as metal stamping, plastic injection moulding, metal forming, machining, casting, assembly etc. and this is preferably in an automotive environment!
- You need to be a self-motivated character with the ability to work in a team and on your own
- You’ll need a flexible approach to the workload as there are workload fluctuations
They're looking for people who want to build a solid career. The businesses has invested heavily in the UK with the production of the new vehicles taking place in Sunderland so they are here to stay; and hoping you will join them for the ride. They offer competitive salaries dependent on the experience you bring, and will pay you for any overtime you work over your contracted 39 hours per week. What’s more, they believe you’ll like working with them because of their valued culture. They pride themselves on being a transparent, cross-cultural and ambitious business.