Conversions & Accessories Engineer
£26p/h + O/T paid at £39p/h
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supporting growth of Accessory business through development of new Accessory parts for both Vehicle Conversion and Dealer fitment for premium vehicles sold in EUR and RUS
- Specifically the role will be focused on the development of structural parts (Towbars, Load Carrier, Underbody protection) with a high level of integration to the vehicle to ensure OE level quality.
- Accessory Engineer will lead the full development process, from initial concept sheet through to actual physical fitment trials to ensure optimum quality and workability standards.
- Close cross-functional work is required, liaising with many areas of the company including Styling, Commercial, Planning and
Quality teams as well as close liaison with R&D to ensure QCD for each program
- CAD experience (preferably NX)
- Understanding of automotive development process (APQP)
- Understanding of DFMEA process
- Understanding of Engineering drawings including Key feature diagram (KFD)
- Vehicle overall knowledge beneficial