Leading advanced engineering business, heavily involved in the development of future EV powertrain technology is seeking a proven Controls Engineer on an initial 12 month contract (Inside).
You will be Involved, where necessary, in all aspects of the specification, development and delivery of control systems. This covers specific activities such as specification, requirement capture, design, implementation, simulation, testing and calibration support on vehicle or product.
Duties will include;
• Deriving software requirements from system requirements and implement them.
• Implementation is primarily intended in a Matlab / Simulink environment.
• Work closely with the system team to make sure the SW developed meet the feature requirements
• Support ISO26262 process with traceability from requirement to implementation, and support MIL/SIL testing as project requires.
• Support HIL rig and system testing
• Individual workload planning to strict deadlines and milestones.
• Working towards generating patentable IP.
You will have to be flexible to accommodate projects changes as required.
You will also need to ensure high levels of competence in the use of development tools.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Good engineering degree in a relevant discipline
• Experience of mainstream automotive ECU software development
• Expert level user of Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and automatic code generation techniques for algorithm development
• Knowledge of Autosar modelling guidelines in Matlab/Simulink
• Strong understanding of modelling techniques.
• Experience in developing production embedded software following ISO26262 process