Excellent opportunity for a proven Controls Engineer to join a pure EV programme. You will be developing control algorithms for the powertrain supervisory vehicle control unit. The Vehicle Control Unit (VCU) provides management, coordination and supervisory functionality for the for high voltage, powertrain, braking and suspension subsystems.
- Design control algorithms for vehicle supervisory functions including Torque Delivery, Regenerative Braking Control and Energy Management.
- Develop model based designs using Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow.
- Develop software requirements from system level functional requirements.
- Generate software using Mathworks Embedded Coder.
- Develop and run test cases for MIL and SIL testing.
- Work with Functional Safety team to develop and ensure compliance with safety requirements.
What You Will Need:
- A Degree level qualification in a Software/ Control Engineering Discipline.
- Experience of designing control algorithms for embedded real time systems, preferably for automotive applications using Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow.
- Experience with automatic code generation and integration.
- Experience developing models for implementation within an Autosar environment is preferred.
- Experience generating software requirements specifications.
- Experience of using Software Configuration Management tools.
- Ability to plan and estimate development tasks.
- Experience of developing MIL / SIL / PIL test cases.
- Experience working with automotive powertrain supervisory control systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of embedded hardware and software, preferably with experience of embedded C software development.
- Experience working with safety critical systems is preferred, specifically ISO26262.
- Experience of working with formal requirement management tools such as DOORS.
- Knowledge and execution of software quality and processes such as ASPICE.
- Experience of FMEA Development and Reviews.
- Excellent communication skills.
You will work on-site at a brand new purpose built facility tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. The secluded rural location helps protect ideas and stay independently–minded.