This is a chance to join an expanding technology driven company who are making a real impact within the manufacturing Industry. Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will work closely with all departments to ensure that the plant is running efficiently.
You’ll be working on motion control equipment and drives, safety systems, monitoring systems, both PLC and video based, databases and all other aspects of control in a factory automation environment.
There will also be project work designing and developing the user interfaces of equipment using HMIs and robot controllers. All aspects of the role will include the need to develop, update and maintain electrical and control drawings, with supporting documents, within the Document Management System.
In time you will become the EC&I lead for manufacturing, offering guidance and ensuring compliance of all applicable EC&I regulations and standards.
A key aspect of the roll will be designing and implementing control improvements to equipment to increase efficiency, safety or quality using the formal change control procedure. You will also be required to present these ideas to the Industrialisation team who are responsible for future machine design so that improvements can be incorporated into future machinery.
In supporting maintenance, you will assist in identifying the cause of reliability or quality issues and then in helping them to develop planned maintenance procedures.
To apply for this position you should have the following:
• Degree in Controls Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other relevant subject is desirable but relevant experience will be taken into consideration
• Programming experience on Siemens PLC’s - Simatic Step7 and preferably Simotion programming experience
• Experience programming Sinamics controllers and drives
• HMI programming experience using WinCC Flex or WinCC Comfort
• Experience of integration of machinery/equipment
• Experience of industrial communications networks
• Electrical Circuit Design using CAD would be beneficial
• Electrical/electronic circuit construction and fault finding
• Knowledge of functional safety standards is desirable
• Experience of operating and programming robots is also desirable
• IP networking knowledge and an experienced user of MS office products
• Experience of MATLAB would be beneficial
This position would suit a Controls Engineer who has good presentation skills, the ability to work alone as well as part of a small team and have a willingness to learn new technologies to assist in developing the companies manufacturing equipment.
• Bonus – up to 10%
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking