about 1 month ago
Salary / Rate:
£competitive (dependent on proven ability) + bonus + bens
Leading technology and engineering services business is seeking a proven Control Systems Engineer. You will have the opportunity to work on world class technical programmes related to future EV / PHEV technology.
This is a key role, where the successful individual will provide control design capabilities to the Control team and the wider group. The Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for the specification, development, validation and management of control strategies at component, subsystem and system level.
Duties will be wide-ranging and varied and will include ensuring the customer’s requirements are well captured and understood across the projects involved and the system is developed to meet their needs. Working with the project lead, the Control Systems Engineer will support the establishment of validations and test procedures and practices which will aim progressively at developing a robust solution to the agreed specification and maintain awareness of technology developments across the broader market, advising the team as appropriate.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following proven experience:
• Have a good engineering degree in a relevant discipline
• Experience of mainstream automotive ECU hardware and software development following ISO26262 or IEC61508 processes
• Proven experience of Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and automatic code generation techniques for algorithm development
• Strong understanding of Embedded Software development.
• Strong understanding of modelling techniques and experience/understanding of test and measurement techniques.
Experience/knowledge of CANape / CANoe / CANalyzer would be advantageous as well as being comfortable with C code writing for embedded systems.