Superb opportunity to work for a progressive and highly innovative business that is actively pursuing the development of ultra-high performance electric vehicle powertrains and battery systems. My client also offers services from initial concept through to low-volume production within the Automotive, Motorsport, Marine and Military sectors.
The ultra-high performance electric vehicle has rapidly matured and is now at a stage where productionisation of the control system and software is paramount.
The role would suit a proven individual, seeking a challenge; you will have a good range of production-orientated skills to take the product to the next-level of maturity.
Ideally we are seeking a candidate with a broad-range of skills to bring to the team:
- Fluent in Matlab/Simulink toolchain and its use
- Comfortable in working within and developing processes to assist future product development (SVN, requirement capture, test, issue tracking, release etc)
- Conversant with production-orientated environments and its primary philosophy/goals
- Capable of integrating a real-time operating system (OS) into a production-oriented ECU
- Able to integrate auto-code generated code into the real-time OS structure
- Working understanding of ‘C’ language
- Review and rationalize SW functionalities for production intent for robust operation
- Partake and support safety analysis (ISO26262, FMEA)
- Gathering of requirements in a structured format
- Implementation of new SW functionality
- Structuring tests and partaking testing of functionalities in module, sub-system, and system level in both off-line SW and vehicle environment.
- Appreciation of automotive industry-standard practices & tools (CAN, ISO26262, Calibration tools, auto-code generation, microcontrollers, real-time control)