Exciting clean-tech advanced engineering business with ambitious growth targets for 2021 are seeking a number of Control Engineers with prior experience of engine ECU development.
Ideal experience would be from 2-3yrs in industry through to a technical lead for a relevant individual.
My client had a strong 2020 and are now looking to build further in 2021 to keep pace with aggressive development milestones.
Work location can be flexible. Much of the present team work from home a significant portion of time. This arrangement will continue past present travel restrictions. Relocation to Sussex is not required.
A small dedicated in-house technical expert team has been in place since 2017, developing know-how and IP in unique aspects of the engine. To date the focus has been on thermodynamic and mechanical aspects, but with the company’s first integrated prototype now being designed, it is recognised that this philosophy must be extended to cover control, sensors and actuators. My client must now deliver a fast-paced program of prototype development and application, and this will be achieved by a mix of in-house teams and outsourcing to specialist engineering suppliers.
Responsibilities will be dependent on level of proven ability:
• Technical responsibility for control, sensors and actuators
• Application of off-the-shelf supplier solutions and, where required, developing novel approaches in-house or with suppliers
• Specification of requirements, controller architectures and delivery program
• Building supplier relationships and, when appropriate, an in-house team
• Selection of hardware platform and toolset; delivery of a calibrated control system
• Reporting of technical progress and risk
• Day to day management of suppliers and programme partners as appropriate
• Supporting the Technical Director and Chief Engineers to actively manage programme risk and forward planning of work and resource
• Hands-on and experienced controls and electronics engineer, who demonstrates a successful track record in delivery of challenging engine control solutions
• Fluent in engine and engine systems technology and engineering
• Familiar with ECU, sensor and actuator hardware and supply chain