We are seeking the right individual to join our Engineering Quality team on a contract basis for a minimum anticipated period of six months.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Engineering Process role is responsible for developing, documenting and deploying Engineering Supporting processes to meet Business needs whilst meeting relevant automotive best practices, including Automotive SPICE and ISO26262.
Whilst predominantly focused on Engineering Quality Assurance and Project Management processes, there will be a need support other processes under development.
The position requires multi-disciplinary liaison within the organisation, especially within the Engineering group, to ensure that the process stakeholders are engaged with the processes being developed.
Include, although are not limited to the following:
- Develop, document and deploy processes and supporting framework to ensure that AIAG APQP, Automotive SPICE and ISO26262 requirements are met
- Drive the application of appropriate analytical methods into supporting Engineering processes
- Work with all process stakeholders to ensure that processes developed meet their needs and add value to the business
- Ensure that Engineering processes developed are aligned to the Business Management System
- Ensure processes developed are able to be measured and managed effectively to add continued value to the business
- Determine measurable quality characteristics for Engineering Processes and Work Products
Relevant Skills Relevant Knowledge & Experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail in engineering design
- Strong drive for continuous improvement
- Leadership and communication skills
- Innovative, logical and lateral thinker
- Engineering Degree (BEng or similar)
- Experience in automotive Tier 1 and Tier 2 industry
- Experience of developing processes to achieve Automotive SPICE base practises
- Experience in working within a Functional Safety culture
- Experience in Project Management, and/or Engineering Quality Assurance (throughout product development phase)
- Experienced in working in multicultural environments
- Electric motor and drive specific design and manufacture