14 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Configuration, Test and Trials Engineer
Our manufacturing client based near Fareham are seeking a Configuration, Test and Trials Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis.
To act on behalf of the Products Director to ensure that customer requirements are understood and incorporated in system configurations and to identify and assess the appropriate tests and trials to validate completed products against those configurations. To be responsible for the maintenance of engineering standards during all tests and trials and in the production of configuration diagrams.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Quotation / bid phase
• Support the Sales department in gathering and understanding customer system requirements.
• Generate an initial proposal for system configuration that meets the customer requirements.
• Liaise with all engineering departments to identify the technical risks associated with a proposed customer solution.
• Support Sales and the Project Management Office (PMO) in costing and planning the implementation of the proposed customer solution.
• Produce the System Configuration Diagram from the proposed customer solution.
• Define the system specification using the System Configuration Diagram.
• Liaise with the appropriate System Engineer in the production of the configuration diagram.
• Create and release initial system configuration BOM.
• Release and change control of the specification ensuring changes are approved by the Project Manager and/or Engineering Lead / Products Director.
• Co-ordinate with other teams and departments to ensure the system specification and any changes are communicated throughout the system build and test phases.
• Support Production Engineering and Production Control with the update of manufacturing Bills of Materials as a result of system configuration changes.
• Work with the PMO to incorporate lessons learned.
• Create System and Product test plans and documentation, drawing on engineering resources where appropriate
• Ensure approval of the system test and verification documentation by the Products Director.
• Work with the engineering department to construct a comprehensive system Pre-FAT and FAT procedure for each system configuration.
• Act as the test authority whilst system pre-FAT testing is conducted and support the PMO as required when FAT is conducted.
• Support the training and development of other engineering staff in the competencies of the role.
• Build a configuration library of standard systems.
• Follow the agreed business format for the production of configuration diagrams, FATs and all other standard documentation.
• Optimise the creation of system configuration diagrams by utilising best practice tools and methods.
• Ensure the fidelity of the system configuration diagram is sufficient and appropriate for the needs of the business.
General accountabilities and responsibilities
• To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
• To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information & Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role.
• To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times.
• To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments in order to deliver business and delivery objectives or deadlines.
• To carry out any other duties as detailed by your Supervisor or Manager from time to time.
• To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise productivity and effectiveness.
Quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE)
• Cooperate with the company to achieve a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment
• Work in ways that ensure your own safety and that of others; “Do the right thing even when no one is looking.”
• Report any incidents, near misses or other health, safety and environmental concerns
• Deliver all products and services in line with the companies quality standards to ensure we meet our customer requirements and highlight any quality concerns or potential improvements.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review.