Component Design Engineer - Catia V5
Newcastle under Lyme
£30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
Working for the and Automotive Business you will reporting into the Component Team Leader where you will be responsible to the design of electrical wiring housing components. Experience with Catia V5 or Solidwords would be advantageous.
Your Tasks / Responsibilities:
The design, development, validation and introduction of automotive wiring system bespoke components from concept to production.
Your duties will include:
- Design and development of plastic, metal, rubber and fuse box products from customer specifications and requirements.
- 3D and 2D design to cost, quality and weight targets.
- Liaison with suppliers and customers in relation to all aspects of each product
- Co-ordination of prototype and production delivery plans
- Design problem evaluation & resolution
- Design verification and production validation planning and approvals
- Experienced in component design/installation of products within the automotive industry (Desirable)
- Working experience using Catia V5 and/or Solidworks advantageous
- Knowledge / awareness of rapid prototyping techniques
- Knowledge of materials and polymers
- Knowledge of press and/or injection mould tooling advantageous
- Understanding of product validation requirements
- Experience in project planning and delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- A structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to organise multiple work streams and achieve parallel deliverables
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to provide technical instruction
- Excellent negotiation skills, with customer facing experience an advantage
- Prepared to travel to Customer and Supplier sites worldwide.