Compliance Engineer / Manager
|Job Title:||Compliance Engineer / Manager|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Feist|
|Job Published:||April 04, 2018 11:45|
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries.They sell its products globally and has its major business operations, including Research and Development, Manufacturing and Product Marketing located in both Rugby and Southampton, UK, with additional Sales and Customer Support locations in Asia and North America. The business is introducing key new products at pace and this role is critical to the success of these implementations and growth plans.
To ensure the business operates in compliance with the relevant legislative and non-legislative product-related envelopes
• Export Control
• Product Directives not covered by the above
• National and International Standards applicable to our products
Ideally the role will be based in Southampton,Hampshire but Rugby, Warwickshire as a base would be a possibility with weekly trips to Southampton.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• To identify the applicable product related legislation in the technical, export control and other areas with the exception of Finance and manage the development of strategies, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislation, including UK, USA, EU, China and elsewhere.
• To ensure compliance tests are specified correctly, then oversee the process for verifying product compliance, documentation for same, and for achieving Third Party product certification and labeling. Certify the product as technically compliant and issue certificate.
• To build and manage product compliance documentation and records for relevant applicable National and International Standards
• To support the Quality Manager to oversee configuration management, product documentation and change control processes ensuring well defined and controlled product and documentation configuration for same.
• To manage the compliance documentation for corresponding (branded) products for Third Party customers
• To monitor activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• To provide a regulatory advice function within the Company within the above areas
• To ensure product design and process changes maintain relevant product compliances with regard to the competition and market needs
• To interface with Compliance bodies, UK export control organisation, test houses, customers and audit bodies
• To ensure that pre sales samples are appropriately documented from a compliance perspective
• To be the Administrator / Coordinator for company access to UK Export Control System (SPIRE).
• Highly developed technical skill base, either high level science or engineering qualifications or possibly qualified by appropriate experience
• Experience of working within a highly regulated environment especially export controlled.
• Experience of compliance testing, preferably in an electrical/electronic industry
• Good working relationship with compliance bodies, test houses, customers and audit bodies
• Proven project management skills to ensure policies and procedures are developed
• Engineering or Science degree is preferred
• Capable of analysing complex legislation or regulations and development of commercially feasible strategies to ensure compliance
• Excellent communication, relationship building and negotiation skills
• Highly commercially aware
• Hands-on with creative and practical approach to problem solving and the ability to translate problems into working solutions.
• Is logical & methodical and a proven ability to question others.
• Good team player with ability to engage others across functional areas, and with Third Party representatives.
• The role is permanent but can be full or part-time. If part-time, they would be looking for the candidate to do a minimum of 3 days per week.
• Although the current employee is Southampton based, they would consider candidates whose preference would be to work from their Rugby site, although weekly trips to Southampton would be required
o Health Insurance
o Life Assurance
o Medical Insurance
To apply please send a Microsoft Word version of your CV
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's