I am currently seeking a Commercial Manager for our Engineering & Technology client. They develop liquid repellent Nano coatings with a focus on the consumer electronics industry, working directly with OEMs to make devices water resistant, improving their reliability.
This role exists to support the CCO and Sales Teams in the business ensuring the effective monitoring and management of sales support, business development and pre-sales activities. This is an individual contributor role, managing the function.
As such, we are seeking applicants who have worked in an Engineering or Technology company and are strong in the areas of commercial negotiations, contracts, pricing and strategy.
• Support the CCO and senior Account Management staff to select, review appropriate data to ensure effective customer decisions and actions
• Ensuring all commercial data is clean, accurate, and complete including sales forecasting and budget management
• The maintenance and delivery of efficient processes and accurate and timely reports and dashboards enable the CCO and other commercial colleagues to gain insight and effectively respond to market challenges and drive revenue growth
• Provide high quality and timely proposals and contract documentation efficiently to both account management and commercial colleagues so that they can respond quickly and efficiently to pricing and contracting queries and needs.
• Ensure with support from the CCO that contracts are positioned competitively whilst fulfilling both the company and customer objectives and delivering mutual value.
• Review and monitor key contractual commitments and have clarity on how they impact business and customer relationships advising the Exec team accordingly
• Working with colleagues in Finance to provide intelligent and insightful data analytics and business insight support to commercial colleagues including information on market trends, customer performance, behaviour and requirements, account management KPIs and performance
• Provide feedback to the CCO and commercial colleagues on ways of developing and enhancing the sales process
• Report to the CCO on sales process adoption and any compliance issues
• Supporting effective communications management within the commercial team
Skills & Experience
• Degree level education
• Previous experience (2-3 years) of sales operations, pricing strategy and analysis
• High level data analysis skills
• Highly organised and administratively efficient
• Experienced at working in a global business
• Awareness of contract law and legal issues
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural organisation
• Excellent attention to detail
• Numerical and budgeting skills