6 months rolling
The Colour Designer is responsible for providing modern and innovative colour and material design that both challenges traditional approaches whilst reflecting the requirements and expectations of the Company product planning brief. This role requires automotive industry experience, strong project management, team-working skills and excellent communication skills, to effectively and efficiently lead specific colour projects for production vehicles and colour strategy research.
Main Responsibilities / Key Tasks Defined
Creative Design – Projects
• Research and develop visual concept proposals with the Global Colour Group, providing a unique and innovative perspective
• Effectively utilise the latest Design tools to illustrate the proposals
• Able to research, develop and propose innovative materials or finishes with suppliers: increasing feasibility level of advanced materials at a reduced cost.
• Communicate design concepts and ideas effectively, whilst maintaining a high-level of visual presentation
• Lead specific colour projects from exploratory design through to production vehicle
• Attend and support project planning meetings to ensure understanding of the project direction is clear
• Obtain and follow timing plans and keep within the allowable cost targets of materials
• Ensure effective communicate with all Business partner / stakeholders on a regular basis
• Maintain an overall involvement and understanding of the project needs
• Establish and adhere to best-practice develop processes at all times
Skills and Attributes Required
• Highly creative and innovative, with a proactive approach
• An organised timely approach to working practices
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to work cross-functionally within an efficient yet effective manner.
• Motivational and proactive approach to teamwork is essential
• Leadership & Project management skills essential
• Strong ability to constantly challenge and innovate in colour and materials.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge Required
• Bachelor of Arts Degree or equivalent in Art & Design
• Technical awareness of relevant material manufacturing processes
• Experience of working within the automotive industry and awareness of the current industry trends
• Driving licence would be appreciated
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV for our review.