Exciting start-up business with the financial backing of an Industrial brand is seeking a proven Chief Engineer / Technical Lead Control System to join the business in the prototype development and application stage.
They are developing an innovative engine for heavy duty transport and power. The engines are capable of very low emission of pollutants that affect air quality and unprecedented fuel efficiency; with sustainable fuels, this technology provides a permanent solution for sectors that find electrification most challenging, while offering rapid pay-back and cost savings to the operator. Now fully funded, the company has accelerated its activities.
My client must now deliver a fast-paced program of prototype development and application, and this will be achieved by a mix of in-house teams and outsourcing to specialist engineering suppliers. The Chief Engineer / Technical Leader - Control System is a key role reporting into the Technical Director.
- Technical responsibility for control, sensors and actuators
- Application of off-the-shelf supplier solutions and, where required, developing novel approaches in-house or with suppliers
- Specification of requirements, controller architectures and delivery program
- Building supplier relationships and, when appropriate, an in-house team
- Selection of hardware platform and toolset; delivery of a calibrated control system
- Reporting of technical progress and risk
- Day to day management of suppliers and programme partners as appropriate
- Supporting the Technical Director and Chief Engineers to actively manage programme risk and forward planning of work and resource
- Hands-on and experienced controls and electronics engineer, who demonstrates a successful track record in delivery of challenging engine control solutions
- Fluent in engine and engine systems technology and engineering
- Familiar with ECU, sensor and actuator hardware and supply chain
- Has SME and / or start up experience and attracted by the unique challenges of a small business