Chief Engineer (product realisation)
Joost Engines Ltd. has developed a novel super-lightweight engine with the power-density and simplicity of a 2-stroke, combined with the emissions, efficiency and reliability characteristics of a modern 4-stroke. Based upon its engine Joost plans to launch a power-series of portable marine outboards, which promise to be 1/3 the weight of the market incumbents. Following this the company will look to target other applications such as portable generators, UAVs and small motorcycles.
• Work with the Technical Director to implement and execute a development and design-realisation programme for Joost’s launch outboard product, taking the design from a proof-of-product prototype, through pre-production prototype manufacture and validation, to subsequent production product.
• Take responsibility for establishing Engineering, product development and validation processes/working practices (in line with relevant ISO standards), and for their subsequent governance.
• Work with the supply chain to ensure design for manufacture and manufacturing capability, developing fit-for-purpose production specifications and associated validation plans.
• Develop a highly capable and motivated team over time to meet the growing demands of the business as it commercialises, but be willing and capable to take a hands-on approach as necessary.
Skills, Attributes, Experience & Qualifications
• Qualified in mechanically-biased Engineering discipline to degree level
• Experience of leading consumer product and/or engine development and design realisation programmes, including working closely with production/supply chain
• Experience of implementing, championing and working to best practice engineering governance practices
• Experience of leading and coaching highly capable technical teams