Leading powertrain consultancy working at the forefront of electric propulsion and dynamic electric systems is seeking a proven Electronics Technical Leader to oversee all electronic engineering decisions, manage a motivated team, work with customers and road-map future electric propulsion challenges.
We are ideally seeking a Chief Engineer / Technical Leader able demonstrate strong knowledge of electric drive technology such as power electronics, motors & control systems, ideally with experience of working with electric drives over voltage range 12V – 600V. You will also be required to demonstrate credibility to handle a range of customer situations.
This opportunity may also suit a proven senior engineer looking to take the next-step in team and technical leadership.
- Take a technical leadership role in all stages of the development lifecycle, from initial concept generation through to final delivery and support.
- Take ownership over understanding client requirements and drivers and foresee technical challenges.
- Lead the definition of technical solutions, systems architectures and design solutions for product or system developments
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to deliver robust system solutions and products ready for manufacture
- Managing internal and external resources to meet the design, build, test and manufacturing criteria
- Any other tasks that are reasonably assigned to you by your line manager, including development activities, which are within your capability and grade
- Exceptional knowledge of power electronics and electrical drives
- Electronics design leadership and technical authority
- Direct experience in developing power electronics-based products such as inverters / converters preferably for automotive applications
- Proven track record of strong project management skills with a strong element of process control
- An aptitude to provide a strong level of leadership and ability to coordinate and lead multi-disciplined teams
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel
- High level of idea generation and promotion of business cases for IP generation